Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Private Event! Tea Shop Tasting

I'm currently:
Watching 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Enjoying no longer wearing heels

Some thoughts:
I was invited to attend a 'tasting' at the Tea Shop where I'll be baking. I had no idea what an official tasting event was, but I wore a cute top, skinny jeans, and my most comfotable (yet sexy) peep toed pumps, figuring that I might as well look good. On my walk over I stopped into a little Thai food place and ate some Chicken Pad Thai with lots of lime. (my favorite!) My friends told me I proably shouldn't eat before something called a TASTEing, but I didn't want to show up starving and grumpy.

Well, good thing I ate.

The tasting turned out to be very laid back and relaxed. The door to the Shop said 'Private Event', which made walking in special (in it's own small way). But after that, everything was a blur of crowds and passing cups of colored tea with bubble and big straws. I didn't stay too long. Just enough to have a cup of decaf red tea with tapioca and to congratulate my two new employers.

I'm very excited to go back there tomorrow night and bake. As much fun as it was to be in the crowd watching the opening, I have to admit that sometimes I'd much rather be in the kitchen watching the oven...

No comments: