Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crazy Baking Shoes

I'm currently:
Flipping channels between 'X-Games' and 'So You Think You Can Dance'

Savoring a ridiculously fudgy brownie that I made earlier today

Some thoughts:
Tonight's baking session at the Tea Shop turned into a bit of a bust. When I arrived, my employers were up to their ears getting ready for tomorrow's opening, so their focus was on tea and coffee, not baked goods. They were planning to still bake one thing for tomorrow, so I stuck around. However, shortly after I was there, the battery of the scale died, and the hope of baking went along with it.

The ride home on the PATH was brutal. We were packed like sardines... in an oven. When I got off the train the hot platform actually seemed refreshing. I schmoozed with the man selling ice cream in a Mr. Softy truck across the street from the station, and he dug out an ice cold bottle of water for me.

As I waited for Adam to pick me up from the station, I tried to think on the bright side. I capped my nearly drained water bottle and looked down at the ground. The bright side was right under my nose: My crazy baking shoes.

Earlier today I stopped at Macy's in search of a pair of comfortable (and close toed!) shoes that I can wear to the bakery. The result? A pair of multicolored keds complete with cherries, badminton rackets, and lots of plaids. The shoes are a little out there, which I think fits quite well with this whole endeavor-- it's ALL a little out there! Quitting my job? Crazy. Deciding to work for free as a baker's apprentice? Crazy. Multicolored Keds-- well they actually seem a bit normal in comparison.

Lets hope they bring me some luck!

1 comment:

T.I. said...

sweet shoes.



ps: your blog makes me hungry :P best of luck with everything