Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Strawberry Cupcake Senioritis

I'm currently:
Daydreaming about baking strawberry cupcakes topped with vanilla frosting and maraschino cherries.

Super excited about the tasting tonight at the Tea Shop!


Some thoughts:
Instead of giving my current job two weeks notice, I decided to give them two weeks... plus a full month. This seemed like a good plan for everyone: I knew it would be difficult for them to find (and train) someone in only two weeks, and on the flip side, having me start at the bakery in September was best for my new boss. I've also quite enjoyed working here. Although this is not my passion, my coworkers have been wonderful to work with, and it will eventually be sad to go.

However, as I sit here in my cubicle, I can't focus on emails or spreadsheets any longer. The hum of the AC is all I can hear aside from the faint tapping of computer keys around me. My mind keeps drifting to tonight's Tasting at the Tea Shop (PS- How exciting is that?! I don't even know what a Tasting is, but I'm imagining it will be extremely glamorous and fun!) See, there I go on another tangent. I can't stop daydreaming about baking...

I've got to admit that I'm developing a severe case of senioritis! In front of the blurry text in my inbox I'm imagining images of assorted baked goods and me happily piping icing onto cakes while tuned into my ipod.

The thought is enough to make even a stronger person fidgety... and hungry, to boot! August 28th is only 30 days away... let the countdown begin.

No comments: