Friday, October 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm currently:
Making a pot of soup

Watching America's Next Top Model on DVR

Some thoughts:
I feel like the past two weeks have been a blur. An event in D.C. My birthday. And lots of days at the bakery in between.

The event in D.C. went very well. It was super exciting to share my knowledge of food and food presentation with other women. I truly felt like some of the women would go home and make changes based on what they learned from me. (yeay!)

My birthday was fun, too. Adam got me a new belgian waffle maker!!! (Along with a gorgeous pair of earrings). haha I'm such a baker! I also got to see both my brother and my sister on my birthday weekend. I'll get to celebrate with my friends tomorrow night, as well.

As for the bakery, things have been going extremely well. I learned how to make sugar roses (from scratch, all by myself). My boss has been really pleased with my work. I think he's coming to see me more and more as an apprentice and not 'one of the interns'. Tomorrow we're going to be making a new flower, which is exciting. It's so rewarding to keep learning new skills!

Anyway, I feel like there is so much more to tell, but my soup is ready and it's time to watch the judging panel on ANTM! haha!

Have a good night! Until Soon, Bake Big! -Christine

No comments: