Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pow Wow

I'm Currently:
stressing.

and antsy for Adam to get home.

Some thoughts:
Today my boss held a few meetings at work. One for all of the employees, one for the interns, and then one (quick) combined pow wow. I'm not sure what the catalyst for the meetings was, but the basic gist of them was that we should all work together, act professional, and make good cakes.

One thing I took away was that he's now asking all of the interns to wear chef's uniforms to work every day. Now, since I didn't attend culinary school like the rest of the interns, I don't have a real chef's uniform to wear. So I'm not looking forward to looking like a scrub tomorrow next to all the kiddies who think they're hot shit in their white coats.

I mean, before it didn't matter that they went to school and I didn't. We all looked the same, and our ABILITIES are what made us stand out-- not our clothing.

Do I sound petty? Maybe... but truth be told, I'm nervous about being treated differently since I will not be matching everyone else. To me, a chef's coat symbolizes authority and professionalism. The fact that I'll just be in a t-shirt and an apron makes me feel like they've got one up on me.

Anyways, I'm not sure why I'm stressing so much over it. They said it would be fine to come in with what I always wear. And I'm pretty sure all of the employees will still be in t-shirts. Sigh-- I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I think I'll be a lot less on edge once Adam gets home... he should be touching down in about an hour... I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MY BUDDY BACK!!

:-D

Until Soon, Bake Big! -Christine

No comments: