Monday, October 13, 2008

Bells of Ireland & Animal Faces

I'm Currently:
Enjoying Columbus day & my first 2-day weekend in a while!

Eating an english muffin with peanut butter

Some thoughts:
First, let me apologize for not writing in so long. I have no excuses. I've just been so darn sleepy all the time. :-P

Second, some good news: My boss told me the other day that I can take all the pictures I would like at the bakery! So from now on, blog entries = text + pics!

And to begin with the pics-- last week I spent many hours making 'Bells of Ireland' out of gum paste. The little suckers were very time consuming-- and they were all for ONE cake! I think they turned out pretty well though. Here's a picture of the bells (and a picture of the cake is above):

Another little project I worked on last week was making animal faces for one of our children's birthday cakes. We needed samples of the animals to show customers, so I made all new faces out of fondant. I think they came out pretty cute:
These animals will go on top of one of our 'dot' cakes complete with a colorful party hat. ;)
Anyways, I'm looking forward to this week. I want to try and take lots of pictures, so I can show you about the cakes I keep referring to. Adam is away on business, so I should have lots of free time to write... We'll see how it goes.
Well, off to start the day. Until next time, Bake Big! -Christine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all I can say is WOW! You never cease to amaze me! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to give a little tutorial on how you made the bells. Your work is beautiful! Thanks :)