Monday, October 20, 2008

Goodbye Baking Shoes; Hello Sneakers

I'm Currently:
At my old job putting in some hours, helping out, (and getting paid)!

Some Thoughts:
I'm sad to report that my baking shoes have seen better days. My sister's puppy was excitedly licking my shoes the other day because they're covered with remnants of icing, fudge, sugar, batter, etc. Good for the puppy-- bad for fashion.

Not only do they now look grungy, but they're not the warmest shoes during these fall months. And to top it all off, although the shoes were SUPER comfortable, they've been silently agitating my feet, and giving me a tiny bunion (gross) on each foot. I've been told that if I keep letting this happen I could eventually require surgery on my feet. (HELL NO!)

So, I must make it official, and after only 2 months of (extreme) use, I am retiring my baking shoes. May they rest in peace... and icing... and fudge.

No comments: