Sunday, September 7, 2008

1st Week Completed! Yeay Weekend!

I'm currently:
Making a supermarket shopping list

Debating what I want for breakfast

Some thoughts:
I woke up this morning at 6:45am feeling completely rested and amazingly sated. I guess that's what working in a bakery will do for your sleep habits!

Yesterday was a great day of work. The guy who had been training me how to do the morning cakes was out, so I was on my own-- and I didn't screw anything up! I made 6 tiramisu and 6 layer cakes all by myself! I also iced a bunch of cupcakes, helped make 2 racks of hydrangeas, and decorated a fondant cake.

By about 2pm, the guys were even crazier than normal. Two of them were (play) fighting. One guy jumped up onto one of the large tables (with a blowtorch) to chase after the other guy. He finally chased the other guy into the freezer (where he tried to lock him in). All in a days work... haha!

A little before 3pm Adam came to pick me up. It was the first time he'd ever been to the bakery. I introduced him to my bosses and everyone upstairs. They all seemed to like him, and they chatted while I finished up my work. On the way out, my boss stopped us and made us take home a box of the specialty cupcakes that I've made. (One pumpkin, one boston creme, one caramel, and one red velvet.) Adam and I split two of them last night. He liked them both, but his favorite so far is the pumpkin.

Today is my day off. Tomorrow I will be working at my old job (and getting paid!). Then Tuesday I'll be back at the bakery for a long day of baking in the morning and working in the bakery at night. I'm anxious to hear what all the guys have to say about meeting Adam. I also can't wait for the next week to begin! Yeah, it's tiring and a lot of change, but I'm really loving everything so far. It's amazing to think about how much I've already learned in just one week. I can't wait to see what week 2 has in store!

Ok, off to find breakfast (and to wake Adam up!) Until Soon. Bake Big! Christine

No comments: