Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Back Hurts... (and so does everything else)

I'm currently:
Watching 'The Biggest Looser'

Enjoying sitting down.

Some thoughts:
Today was good (and long). I worked at the bakery from 7am-2:30 baking and from 2:30-8:00pm in the store.

Upstairs baking, we made about 3,000 cannoli's today. And we pulled the dough for sfogliatelle and lobster tails. I was mostly greasing the dough (with shortening) for the guys as they pulled, but after a bit the guys let me try to pull a few batches by myself. I pulled two rolls of dough, which they marked... tomorrow when they cut the rolls open they're going to inspect mine and tell me what I did wrong. haha! I'm looking forward to it ;)

We also 'dirty iced' 1 1/2 dozen layer cakes to be covered tomorrow with fondant. The guys wanted to have a competition between the interns as to who could ice one best. The icing needs to be perfectly smooth and the cake needs to be perfectly centered. Mine, though not great, were really good. They wound up not having the competition, but I think that if they had, I might have won... All that practice doing the layered cakes in the mornings is paying off!!

Anyway, so much more to tell, but I'm so sleepy! Today was a loooong day. Tomorrow, only working from 7-3ish. yeay! Then we need to food shop!

Until Soon... Bake Big! (and Sleep Well!) -Christine

No comments: