Thursday, September 4, 2008

3rd Day of Work (A.K.A. My Feet Hurt)

I'm currently:
Chugging a tall glass of iced tea.

Watching CNN.

Some thoughts:
Today was day 3 at the bakery. I already feel like I'm starting to fit in --meaning they've started to harass and make fun of me. hah! The guys are really too much and too funny. I thank goodness that I'm a girl because if I were a guy I'd be getting it a lot worse. I also thank goodness that I'm Italian and a Mets fan (two things that give me mega brownie points with the guys!)

I've been assigned to decorating the cakes in the morning (with assistance, of course). Today I did a few cheesecakes, some chocolate mouse cakes, white chocolate mouse cakes, and at least a half dozen different large trays of cupcakes. We made a chocolate cupcake with hazelnut butter cream icing and a drizzle of ganache. I tried one of these that smushed. MMMM It was actually the first thing I've tried at the bakery, and it was delicious.

My favorite task today was the new pumkin cupcakes. We decorated these with cream cheese icing, and then topped them with cute little marzipan pumpkins. They're seriously adorable, and I had fun rolling the pumpkins.

Anyways, now I'm home sitting down-- since I stood for almost all of the morning. My feet are a bit sore, but I'm excited for work again tomorrow. I'm anticipating a looong day tomorrow-- I'll go into work by 7am, and around 2pm I'm going to stop baking/decorating and go downstairs to the front of the bakery (where the customers come in!). Then I'll be training/working (and getting paid!) until about 8pm. Whew!

I'll keep you posted.

Until next time, Bake Big! Christine

No comments: