Friday, September 19, 2008

First Full Fondant Cake!

I'm currently:
Acting busy while Adam does an interview for HGTV. (long story)

Some thoughts:
I made my first full fondant cake today! I mixed the fondant colors, covered it, decorated it, etc.! It was an 11" round light blue cake with a lavendar bow, and lavendar/white dots. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure the kid who's getting it will love it! I also made a Giants football field cake-- complete with (cake) football on top! I had help with that one, but it was still fun. I'm learning so much, and I can't believe how much I'm doing after only 3 short weeks!

Now I'm pretty sore and tired, but also very happy that I no longer have to work two shifts on Fridays! Tomorrow morning is the end of the week. On Sunday most of the bakers are going down to Atlantic City for a baking convention. I wanted to attend too, but since I work on Monday and dont ahve my own transportation (other than the bus with the old ladies), I decided to sit this one out. I'm sure on Tuesday I'll have aan earful of stories from their adventures in AC...

Anyway, the film crew is gone now. Time to make dinner. (I'M SO HUNGRY!) haha!

Until Soon-- Bake Big! Christine

No comments: