Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cupcake Queen

I'm currently:
Eating a whole-wheat English muffin with peanut butter (thanks Adam!)

Rooting on the METS (in HD)!!! Whoooooo

Some thoughts:
What day is it?! Haha! It's already been a long week, but a very good one. Yesterday I helped my boss with a few of the 'dummy' cakes for the window display. One was a fondant cake with a tree and a multitude of fall leaves. I got to paint all of the leaves for the cake and even had some input as to where they show go on the cake. I also painted another one of the dummy cakes with an edible copper paint. Then painted a few of the hydrangeas for that cake.

Today I spent time working on layer cakes on the turntable. This is so much harder than it looks! The guy I've been working with has been doing it for 20+ years, so it's easy to feel mediocre next to him. But as they say, practice makes perfect, and I'm sure over time, I'll get it down!

We also made a bunch fo character cupcakes today. (The 'yellow bird', 'little red monster', 'little blue monster with a cookie in his mouth', etc. haha!) I also decorated another tray of the pumpkin cupcakes. One of the guys has started calling me the "Cupcake Queen". Not a bad nickname... especially when I think of all the other things they could be calling me....

Anyways, time for bed! Anther day tomorrow. Until soon, Bake Big! Christine

No comments: