Sunday, August 10, 2008

Brooklyn Pizza... MMMmmm

I'm currently:
Watching the Olympics on DVR

Baking chocolate chip cookies

Some thoughts:
Yesterday I met up with some friends and took a little trip to Brooklyn... all for something Brooklyn does very well: pizza. The trip was pretty long (PATH train to NYC and then subway over to Brooklyn). The wait was also pretty long (I left my apartment at 1:30pm and ate around 4:00pm). But all in all, it was pretty worth it.

The weather was perfect. Sunny and warm, but low in humidity (and there was actually a breeze!) The reason we had to wait so long for the pizza is that the man who owns the place (and who has been working there since 1964) makes every single pizza by himself. He stretches his own dough, grates his own cheese, snips his own basil... you get the point. This does take time, but can you say FRESH? We ordered a sausage calzone and a 'square' pie (aka Sicilian)-1/2 plain and 1/2 artichoke. My favorite was the square slice with artichoke. Every bite was full of new flavors and tastes. The whole experience was a lot of fun. (You really can't go wrong with good food and good company!) And the best part is, I have two leftover slices in the fridge to enjoy later today!

Now, I need to go fold the laundry I have been ignoring for days, and do the dishes from the chocolate chip cookies I just finished baking. The cookies came out perfectly. Nice and crisp around the edges, but soft and chewy on the inside. YUM. Now if only the dishes did themselves... that would be perfection!

1 comment:

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Yum. Is there anything better than freshly baked chocolate chip cookies? I think not.