Saturday, August 9, 2008

Japanese Market Goodness

I'm currently:
Procrastinating on folding laundry.

Drooling while thinking about going to a pizzeria in Brooklyn for lunch...

Some Thoughts:
Yesterday, Adam & I went to an Japanese Market in NJ for dinner (and goodies). [I'm happy to report that I did NOT have to drive, which was a stress reliever!] When we got there, we dove right into dinner (dumplings, fried rice, and mixed seafood/veggies). Then we searched around for dessert (my favorite part!) They had an assortment of cakes and confections, but we finally decided to go with a fresh raisin roll. It tasted similar to Challah bread that I've made before. Very soft, sweet, and light. It was the perfect cap to the meal.

After dinner we shopped in the market. We bought makings for homemade sushi, a box of frozen steamed buns, and a container of Lychee ice cream. (Yum!) When we got home, I tested the ice cream. (Double Yum!) It's very sweet, but super refreshing. I can't wait to come home hot and hungry one evening this week... that ice cream will be the perfect remedy!

All in all, a very fun experience. I would definitely go back for more supplies and to try another one of their many restaurants. Our dinner was good, but the lady at the table next to me had something that looked AMAZING. Next time, I'm having what she was having! Oh, and another raisin roll, too!

No comments: