Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Headshots! What's Your Fav?

I'm currently:
At the office spending my lunch hour in my cubicle since its super muggy outside.

Eating a very ripe peach which got sadly bruised by being tossed around in my purse on the way to work this morning. (Sorry, Peach.)

Some thoughts:
My brother, an aerospace engineer/budding photographer took a series of photographs of me last weekend. Out of these photos, I need to pick a headshot for an upcoming event program. I'd also like to have a few photos handy for when I do other events.

You're probably wondering: Why is an aspiring baker holding a pile of fresh fruit and not a plate full of mouthwatering cupcakes?? A good question. The answer is slightly complicated. I do love baking, but I also love FOOD in general. And while I love to BAKE goodies, I can't always EAT goodies.

The hell you say?!

You see, I have type-1 diabetes. A diabetic baker? Yup, that's me. (Well technically I'm still a diabetic baker's apprentice, but that's just semantics.) Anyway, aside from baking, I do food demonstrations and tastings at events in NYC. One of the main events I work on is a Makeover Event for women with diabetes put on by DIVABETIC. In September, I'll be doing this Makeover event in Washington, DC. I'll have a station and will do food demonstrations, talk about different healthy foods, and show women with diabetes how to enjoy the natural sweetness of fruits and vegetables. This may seem a little hypocritical since I'm a baker, but I like to think that both can go together. I don't see any reason why I can't be healthy, eat well, and still bake. Everything in moderation, right? Who knows... maybe someday I'll own a bakery that sells sugar-free sweets!

Anyway, the point being that I switch between two different hats: 'Christine the Baker' and 'Christine the (healthy) Food Expert'. These photos fall under my Healthy Hat.

You can view the photos on my brother's new website: www.michaeljcphotography.com.

Let me know which pic gets your vote!

No comments: