Friday, August 8, 2008

Too Hot to Bake; Just Right to Blend!

I'm currently:
Checking my email

Drinking a decaf iced coffee from D&D (I'm such a Jersey girl!)

Some thoughts:
Yesterday was too hot to bake. So I decided to make a smoothie when I came home from work. I blended a whole banana, a handful of fresh cantaloupe, some Splenda, and ice. It was unbelievably refreshing. I don't think I even needed to add the Splenda because the melon was so sweet on it's own.

Tonight Adam & I were supposed to go to the Mets game, but our tickets fell through (There's a long, sad story behind this which I'll skip.) Instead we're going to pick up a rental car-- which I'M going to drive. Side note: I haven't driven a car in, well, I can't remember the last time I drove, but I'm guessing it was over a year ago. Then we're (safely) going to drop Adam's car off at the dealership, at which time I can turn the driving back over to Adam (thank goodness).

Then the plan is to take said rental car over to a highly recommended Japanese grocery store in Edgewater, NJ. I can't wait to see this place! Apparently they have a Japanese bakery there, too! I can't wait to check it out! I will post details and pictures tonight! Until then... TGIF!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The smoothie sounds good! Can't wait to try it!!!