Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Farewell Party

I'm currently:
Watching PTI (I missed ESPN during the Olympics!)

Eating a yummy sandwich left over from today's party

Some thoughts:
I'm feeling quite sentimental right now. At lunch today my coworkers surprised me with a farewell party complete with scrumptious sandwiches, bright decorations, and my favorite part: cupcake decorating! Everything was so thoughtfully done, and I felt so special knowing how much effort they must have put into it. The cupcake decorating was really a fun touch. They called around the city to find a bakery that would sell them cupcakes without the icing, and then they went out and bought tons of fun icings, toppings, sprinkles, etc.

As if all that weren't enough, they made me a card, which may sound generic, but when I read it on the train home today I nearly got choked up. Everyone wrote such nice messages, and it really struck me how sincere they all are with their well wishes and excitement over my new career. And to top it all off, as a parting gift they gave me a free month of COBRA (a.k.a. health insurance). This may seem impersonal, but it actually couldn't have been more spot on. (They truly got me exactly what I needed!) And they told me about it in a funny poem that my boss wrote herself.

All in all, a really exciting day, and a wonderful party. I can't believe I only have two more (official) days of work in the office. And Tuesday I start work in the bakery!! Wow, I can't believe it's (finally) almost here...
Until next time, Bake Big! -Christine

No comments: