Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Foodies Unite!

I'm currently:
Watching the Yankees vs. Rangers.

Sitting next to Adam while he eats a second dinner of left over spaghetti and cheddar cheese. (Can you tell my boyfriend is NOT Italian??)

Some thoughts:
Dumplings. Ice Cream. Waffle truck sighting. ahhh, what a night.

Tonight I had dinner with fellow foodie, Robyn (aka The Girl Who Ate Everything). We went out for dumplings and then ice cream. Last time Robyn and I went out we had burgers and then donuts. Granted they were delicious burgers, donuts, dumplings, and ice cream, but we do have a habit of being super unhealthy when we eat out together. Taste over calories every time. (And it is soooo worth it.) Anyway, I'm already thinking up new places we can go next time. And Robyn wants to stop by the Tea Shop to visit us while we bake, and so she can write about us. (woowho!) If only I could start baking soooon...

On an unrelated note, on my walk home from meeting up with Robyn, I saw the illusive waffle truck! Some quick back story: Once upon a time, I was walking in the city at night and I saw a truck selling Belgian waffles. (Some back back story: I Love Belgian waffles.) I have told all of my friends about this truck, and on a few occasions we have tried to find it-- to no avail. But tonight, there it was, right where I had seen it last. I was too full to get a waffle (darn those amazing dumplings and ice cream!), but I did get their postcard, so I can now locate them online any time I want. I can see it already: it will be slow at work and I'll be online checking to see the current location of the waffle truck. Just great! Now I'll be dreaming of baking... waffles...

And on that note, sweet dreams (pun intended). ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those waffles are sooo yummy! we may have to hunt down the truck for "lunch" sometime soon!

i also want to find the dessert truck.

Unknown said...

Im really jealous that you found the truck.